This is a list of currently tested and confirmed devices that work with ECU Tracker. If your device is not on the list, don't worry, it's very possible it works with ECU Tracker, but has not yet been tried. That's the benefit to the J2ME Mobile Runtime, it's designed to be very compatible across many devices.
Confirmed Mobile Devices
- Sony Ericsson W760
- Blackbery Bold 9000
- Palm Pilot TX with IBM J9 Java Runtime
Laptop/Desktop - ECU Tracker SE
Allows for full Laptop/Desktop support.
- Windows 2k/XP with Java 1.6 Installed (tested)
- Linux with Java 1.6 Installed (Tested)
- Mac OSx with Java 1.6 Instaled (untested)
ECU Communications Devices
- All ELM327 Communications Devices
- OBDKey Communications Module in both ELM327 Emulation mode, and Subaru SSM Mode
- OBDLink ELM327 Module
- VagCom USB Cable through the Subaru SSM Protocol. I got mine from AccMonster on eBay.
- Tactrix OpenPort USB Cable through the Subaru SSM Protocol
- Innovate LC-1 Wideband Controller directly connected through a Serial Port
The following list shows an average peformance of various interfaces as observed on specific vehicles. The time values are in milliseconds (ms).
- 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS OBD2-ISO9141
- Tactrix Open Port 1.3 USB cable via Subaru SSM Protocol - 2 values every 62ms, 6 values every 95ms.
- LC-1 through standard DB9 Serial Port - 1 value every 80ms.
- OBDKey Bluetooth in Subaru SSM Protocol - 5 values every 210ms.
- OBDLink ELM327 Bluetooth - 1 value every 240ms.
- OBDKey Bluetooth in ELM327 mode - 1 value every 295ms.
- eBay Generic ELM327 with Bluetooth - 1 value every 360ms.
- 2004 Subaru Forester XT OBD2-KWP2000
- Tactrix Open Port 1.3 USB cable via Subaru SSM Protocol - 2 values every 62ms, 6 values every 95ms
- OBDLink ELM327 Bluetooth - 1 value every 155ms
- eBay Generic ELM327 with Bluetooth - 1 value every 340 milliseconds